This is a review of Personal Capital, a personal finance software that I actually use daily. You can click any link on this page to sign up for FREE on Personal Capital’s website. Then you’ll be able to start tracking and managing your finances.
In my journey to financial freedom, I’ve used several tools to help me to manage my finances. One of my favorite apps to use is Personal Capital. Personal Capital is a FREE personal finance software that imports all of your financial information in one place. It gives you a snapshot of your financial health, as well as your net worth.
Personal Capital Overview
If you’ve ever heard of Mint, and like it, then you’ll love Personal Capital. Personal Capital lets you import all of your financial accounts, such as checking and savings accounts, credit cards, student loans, mortgages, retirement accounts, and just about anything else you can think of. Once everything is in there, you can see where you stand with each, how much you owe, how much you have saved, and everything in between.
And best of all, it’s completely FREE!
Not only does Personal Capital have a really intuitive website, but they also have an app for mobile devices. That way, you can check your finances wherever you go. According to their main page, over 1.4 million people use Personal Capital to manage over $350 billion worth of personal finances. That’s a lot of satisfied customers!
What can I do with Personal Capital?
Personal Capital does a whole slew of things that are extremely useful when it comes to managing your finances. With Personal Capital you can:
- Track your net worth over time. This is useful for getting an overall snapshot of your financial health. This will help you see how far you have to reach certain goals, such as saving a particular amount for retirement, or paying off debts.
- Track your spending. Personal Capital will show you your spending for any period of time, and how it compares to a past time period. This way you can see where your money is going, manage cash flow, compare it to your income, and more.
- Stay on top of your bills. In the Bills section of the site, you will be able to see all bills that you have to pay, such as credit card bills. It will even tell you the minimum payment due, the due date, the balance of the bill, and other useful information.
- Keep an eye on your debts. If you have debts such as credit cards or loans, Personal Capital will put them all in one place for you to see them. That way, you can plan out how you want to pay them, and how much you’d like to allocate to each debt.
- Track your investments. Import your 401(k), IRA, HSA, and any other investments and stay on top of all of them at all times. You’ll be able to see how your investments are performing.
- Use the Investment Checkup tool to create a financial plan for your retirement. This is a free examination of your investment portfolio, which will help you improve your investing situation.
- Retirement Planning. Personal Capital has a built-in retirement planner that will show you how much you have to save monthly in order to reach a certain goal for retirement. It’s super useful!
What else do I need to know about Personal Capital?
Being as it is that Personal Capital is a reputable financial services company, you can be sure that it is safe. They have the same level of security that major banks do, to keep your information safe and secure. Also, you can only see your finances in the app, but can’t make any changes to them. So there’s no chance of anyone moving any of your money. Think of Personal Capital as a window into your finances. A window that doesn’t open!
The best part about Personal Capital is that it’s free. There are no fees or any catches. You can access all of your accounts in one place and use their awesome tools with no cost to you. Personal Capital does offer paid management services, but you’re in no way obligated to sign up for them to take advantage of their free tools.
Where can I sign up for Personal Capital?
Now that I’ve thoroughly convinced you why you need Personal Capital in your life, you can sign up for FREE and start managing your finances. After you sign up, you’ll be able to import all of your financial institutions and keep track of them in the app.
If you have any questions for me about Personal Capital, please feel free to contact me at any time.